This sugar cookie recipe makes the most melt-in-your-mouth cookies you'll ever eat!
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Let cream cheese and butter soften at room temperature, or soften in the microwave if you are short on time.
2. Cream together cream cheese, butter, and sugar with an electric mixer (either hand mixer or stand mixer)
3. Add egg, vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
4. Add flour to mixture and mix until all ingredients are combined.
5. Roll the dough into balls 1" in diameter. If the dough is too soft, refrigerate it for an hour before rolling into balls.
6. Dip the dough into a shallow bowl of the sprinkles! You can either just dip the top, or roll the dough in the sprinkles to get a sprinkle-covered cookie. (Important: Do NOT use the colored sugar sprinkles. . .they just melt into a mess. Use the "jimmies" or the little round ball sprinkles. They work the best! We made some unfortunate Thanksgiving ones with the wrong sprinkles. . . )
7. Use a silpat on the cookie sheet. Place sprinkled cookie dough balls on the cookie sheet. Use a clean glass to smash the cookies into a puck shape. If the cookies aren't sprinkle-covered enough for you, pat some extras on now.
8. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes. They should be just barely golden on the outside. Let them cool on a baking rack. They will be perfectly crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside!